Friday, March 19, 2010

Movie Review: The Time Traveler's Wife

This movie is one of the best I’ve seen in a while. It was emotional from beginning to end, especially at the end! The Time Traveler, played by Eric Bana, travelled through time and visited his wife during several occasions, beginning when she was just six years of age. This movie was a bit confusing at first as he goes from one time period to another. I really started understanding the events of the movie when he met his wife, who was then a 20-year-old art student. He was 28 years old at the time. She immediately remembered him from his visits.

The wife, played by Rachel McAdams, had to deal with the fact that her husband could disappear at any moment. He even stayed gone for two weeks during one of his travels. This was very emotional for her and she blamed him, even though he couldn’t control his time travels. They tried to conceive a child, which created even more stress for the couple. They finally welcomed a baby girl into the world after several miscarriages. She took after her father and was also a time traveler.

As confusing as this movie may sound, it’s a really good movie!  I had a “Mom Moment” since my husband was at work and the kids were in bed, so I watched this alone. It’s rated PG-13. I don’t remember there being any bad language, but there was nudity since he didn’t carry his clothes with him when he time travelled. And there were sexual situations. I think thirteen is a good age to watch this…I wouldn’t let my 8-year-olds watch it.

My Review:

• This is a must-see, and I’d definitely watch it again!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review...I was wondering about this!

    xoxo

    P.S. Nice bloggie girl!

    ReplyDelete