Monday, March 8, 2010

First Post!

Welcome to our blog! I'm Alison, the mom and the wife, and I'll be writing this blog - well, at least until I can convince my husband that blog writing isn't girly! So, I'll go ahead and answer a couple of questions to start you off with!

Why did you create this blog?

I currently am the writer of a food blog. I find myself wanting to write about other topics, such as household things, health concerns, kid stuff, and marriage stuff. I also admit I’m addicted to using coupons and saving my family a ton of money. That’s what this blog is for. By the way, if you love food, check out my food blog, Just like Grandma’s.

Can you tell me a little more about your family?

Well, there’s my husband. He works in law enforcement and builds cabinets and lays tile on the side. If he isn’t doing that, he’s helping someone do something else. And then he comes home and eats and sleeps! Ok, he actually does find time to spend with his family!

Then there is me. I work full time in a local school system. I’m also in grad school part-time. I’m working on my MBA, and I really don’t know what I’m going to do once I get it. I also bake cakes on the side. (You can check out some of my cakes on my food blog.) More than anything, I’d love to stay at home, take care of the kids, clean the house, bake cakes, and blog.

Chase is the oldest child. He says he’s 9, but he actually won’t be 9 until April. He’s in Cub Scouts, Junior FFA, and the church choir.

Madison is next. She’ll be 9 in July, only five days after my birthday! She is in the school chorus, Junior FFA, and the church choir.

Macey is the youngest. She’s 5 and started kindergarten this year. For now, she’s only in the church choir. I think she’d be good in dance, but she says she doesn’t want to take it.

That’s us in a nutshell. More to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment