Thursday, April 1, 2010

Just one of my professional options....

I've been giving my career some thought lately. I'm about half-way through with my Master's Degree and I feel like I need to be making some plans. I love my job now, but I need to start thinking about what I’m going to do afterwards. The bottom line is…I need to make a decent amount of money so that I can pay off my education loans. Getting my Master’s was a good decision, but it’s been a costly one. I’m getting sick of not being able to buy things for my family. I’m sick of living paycheck-to-paycheck and education loan-to-education loan (And my husband is, too). And I’ve been thinking that I miss doing what I originally went to school for…Accounting. I still do some tax returns for some of my family and friends. I haven’t done any bookkeeping in about two years now and I do miss it. Yep I miss it. And auditing. I realize how much I really enjoyed auditing. Going through hundreds of cancelled checks and invoices was something I dreaded, and I wasn’t really too fond of writing up the audit report either. But, it was so rewarding when everything tied together and the final audit report was presented.

For those non-Accountants out there, I’m sorry if I lost you somewhere in the last paragraph! So sorry! But anyway, I found this really good post about Starting an Accounting Business that was actually dated back to 2007, but it still applies today. And when I read it, I felt like it was talking to me!

I’ve been talking about doing this to my husband lately and he’s all for it 100%. Maybe this is what I’m going to do. Just Maybe.

For now, I better get back to my studying so I’ll pass my Economics exam tonight. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment