Monday, April 12, 2010

My Workout and Meal Journal

 I'm dedicating this post to keeping track of my workouts and meals! I've been on-again, off-again with working out and eating healthy and it's time I stay on it! I started being serious about this on April 10, 2010 and I hope that this will be a lifetime commitment. My goal is to work out 6 days a week until I get back into shape and 5 days a week after that to maintain. Here we go…


Saturday, April 10, 2010 DAY 1:

W/O: 3 miles on the treadmill (mostly running) using Couch-to-5k plan.  Time: 45 minutes.  The longest running interval was 5 minutes in the plan, but I ended up running 11 minutes straight when I reached the last running interval.  Then I walked until I reached 3 miles.  This is actually my 4th week doing the Couch-to-5k plan, but I haven't been doing it 3 days a week like I was supposed to.  I'm doing a little better than I thought I would!

Bfast: Protein Meal Bar
Lunch: Turkey on Rye Bread
Snack: Strawberry frozen sorbet
Dinner: Baked Chicken Breast marinated in Italian Dressing w/ green beans
Drinks: WATER, lots of it!

I probably didn't eat enough today, but I wasn't hungry at all.  Probably because I ate so much last week!

Sunday, April 11, 2010 DAY 2:

W/O: P90 Sculpt ¾ using 8 pound weights.  It was easy to push play, but I was completely exhausted after doing the lunge/squat reps.  But at the end, I did 25 pushups and 25 squats and felt great!

Bfast: Protein Meal Bar
Snack: Grapefruit
Lunch: Leftover baked chicken breast w/ green beans
Snack: South Beach Diet bar
Dinner: Hamburger Helper & kernel corn (not the best meal, but I had to settle for what we had on hand).
Drinks: All water except 2 glasses of decaf sweet tea

Monday, April 12, 2010 DAY 3:

W/O:  I had a lot going on today, but I finally got my workout in at 9 p.m.  I did the 5k program - week 4.  Time: 30 minutes.

Bfast:  Protein Meal Bar
Lunch:  Leftover Hamburger Helper & kernel corn (mainly corn)
Snack:  Grapefruit
Dinner:  Chicken and Noodles, green beans
Drinks:  All water except on glass of tea

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 DAY 4:

W/O:  GREAT DAY!  I was so sore from my past few workouts that I could barely walk to day!  And it really didn't help that I had to sit at a desk all day.  I still did Power 90 Sculpt 3/4 when I got home.  Today is our busiest day of the week with the children's activities, but luckily we had some leftovers so I didn't have to cook!  We went to boy scouts and found out we were going walking.  Too bad I was wearing my Sperry's and not my walking shoes, but we walked about 2 miles.  Feeling much better and the soreness is gradually decreasing!

Bfast: Pack of Toasties crackers
Lunch:  Leftover Noodles and Chicken with green beans
Snack:  Rice Krispie Treat....I needed something healthier but this was given to me by a student!
Dinner (early):  Leftover Noodles and Chicken with green beans (This is getting old now!  It was good, though).
Snack:  Strawberry fruit sorbet and one spoonful of chocolate ice cream...the kids were eating it and it looked so good!  I savored that little spoonful!!
Drinks:  2 glasses of tea, rest water

Tomorrow I'm going to the grocery store!  I am out of healthy foods and I'm having to go to the vending machine at work to get breakfast!  Bad and costly!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 DAY 5:

W/O:  Well, it's midnight here and I've been going nonstop all day long.  In fact, I'm working on some homework assignements now.  I also had a cake to bake today.  Unfortunately, I didn't get to work out.  I plan to do both sculpt 3/4 and some cardio tomorrow to make up for missing today.  Of course, I did walk that extra 2 miles last night, so thank goodness for that! 

Bfast:  Pack of Toasties crackers (vending machine again)
Lunch:  Turkey and swiss sub with mustard (school cafeteria food, but not bad!)
Snack:  Strawberry gummy fruit snacks (supposedly made with 100% juice)
Snack:  Super late dinner, so I ate a granola bar when I got home from grocery shopping.
Dinner:  Catfish Nuggets (Yep, fried)  My hubby caught them last night and cooked them tonight.  I didn't eat any french fries and ate about 4 nuggets.  I'm still a little hungry but I was trying to be good and not eat many since they were fried.
Drinks:  2 glass of tea and rest water

Thursday, April 15, 2010 DAY 6:

W/O:  Power 90 Sculpt 3/4!!  Feeling great!  I did my workout before I picked up the kids today.  It's getting easier for me!  My friend, Joy, asked if I wanted to go walking, and as BAD as I wanted to go, I couldn't because I had a ton of homework to do and It's 1 a.m. now and I'm still not finished!

Bfast: Yogurt
Lunch:  Ham and cheese sub
Snack:  Granola bar
Dinner:  Catfish nuggets, mac & cheese, and corn (No more fried foods after today...but I only ate about 4)
Snack:  Strawberry fruit frozen sorbet (I normally don't snack after dinner, but I've been eating dinner early and staying up really late studying)
Drinks: 5 bottles of water, 2 glasses of tea

By the way, I'm sitting here staring at a cake plate full of cupcakes...and I haven't eaten a single one.  I didn't even lick the icing when I baked them last night!

Friday April 16, 2010  DAY 7:

W/O:  Today was my REST DAY.  I thought about making up the other day I missed, but I really didn't get a chance.  We are giving my brother-in-law and his fiance a lawn and garden shower tomorrow so I have a lot of cakes to bake.  I also had 2 other cake orders.  I baked a total of 5 cakes tonight!

Bfast:  Yogurt (regular, 5 g protein)
Lunch: Salad with turkey and ranch (from school cafeteria and pretty good)
Snack:  granola bar
Snack:  4 slices deli ham (low fat)
Dinner:  2 hot dogs
Drinks:  Water and a glass of koolaid

Saturday April 17, 2010 DAY 8:

W/O:  No workout today!  I got up at 7:30 this morning and decorated cakes, then decided to bake another one, which I did.  It was a really busy day.  I finished the cakes around 12:30, then had to take the kids to a b-day party.  Then I had to do stuff for the shower, which was tonight.  Got home...and I'm exhausted!  Hoping to double up tomorrow!

Bfast: Yogurt (5g protein)
Lunch: Salad with low fat deli ham with italian dressing
Snack: 1/4 of a granola bar...just too busy to finish eating the whole thing
Dinner:  Grilled chicken breast (2), green beans, potato, ceasar salad, and some cake (not as much as I'd normally eat, but I had to try out my cakes!)
Drinks: All water!

Sunday, April 18, 2010  DAY 9:

W/O: Day 9 and I missed it again.  Today was another busy day.  Our house was a complete mess, and although I hate cleaning on Sundays, I had to!  I also had to buy groceries, cook dinner, and do homework.  I'll work out tomorrow FOR SURE!
Bfast:  2 Pancakes and 1/2 piece of bacon (breakfast with the family :))
Snack:  3 crackers with Reduced Fat peanut butter
Dinner:   Ribs, au gratin potatoes, baked beans (Isn't that about as fattening as you can get?  Doesn't help when husband is NOT on a diet...notice I didn't eat lunch to make up for it)
Drinks:  Water and a couple of glasses of tea

Monday, April 19, 2010 DAY 10:

W/O: 5k run...5 min walk, 5 min run, 3 min walk, 5 min run, then 5 min walk.  I would have ran another 5 min, but I started getting terrible heartburn while running.  I guess it was heartburn...it eased off after a while.
Bfast:  5g protein yogurt
Lunch: a small amount of au gratin potatoes and ribs
Snack: granola bar
Dinner:  salad with low fat deli ham and about 1/8 cup cheese.
Drinks:  just water!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 DAY 11:

W/O:  No w/o...busy day...had to run errands, take kids to activities, cook, bake a cake, do homework...
Bfast: yogurt
Lunch: ham & mustard sandwich
Snack: granola bar
Dinner: tacos with beans, ground beef, lettuce, sour cream, and a little cheese.  I ended up eating 3.
Drinks:  water and 2 cups of koolaid

Wed, April 21, 2010 DAY 12:

W/O:Today was Chase's b-day.  Finished his cake and cupcakes after work, got his b-day surprise ready, then we went out to eat and had family over for cake and ice cream...no workout.
Bfast:  yogurt
Lunch: 1 soft taco, just lettuce and ground beef
Dinner: I skipped snacks because I wanted to enjoy pizza tonight.  This pizza is healthier than most greasy ones and it was delicious!  Ate 4 pieces of pizza and salad.  Then had a small slice of chocolate cake and ice cream afterwards!  Can't pass it up when it's someone's birthday!
Drinks:  all water today!


Thurs, April 22, 2010 DAY 13:

W/O:  POWER 90 SCULPT 3/4!!
Bfast:  Yogurt
Lunch:6 slices of deli turkey, 1 slice cheese (I'm having trouble passing up cheese)
Dinner:  spaghetti with ground beef and 2 slices of cheese bread...(see what I mean...help!)
Drinks:  all water!!

Fri, April 23, 2010 DAY 14:

W/O:  Ran/Walk (Week 5 of 5k program) Ran 9 min straight today.
Bfast: yogurt (this is becoming a habit....a good one though!)
Lunch:  leftover spaghetti
Snack:  Fat Free crackers with Reduced Fat Peanut Butter
Another snack (late dinner, early lunch today): 1 reduced fat cheese stick
Dinner: 1 turkey and cheese wrap, 1 cup broccoli/beef stir fry (eaten about an hour apart)

Sat, April 24, 2010 DAY 15:

W/O:  No w/o...too much work for school...exams coming up.....
Bfast:  yogurt
Lunch: turkey wrap
Snack:  FF crackers with RF Peanut butter
Dinner:  Grilled Chicken with brown rice and green beans (trying to cook a little healthier)
Drinks:  water and tea

Sun, April 25, 2010 DAY 16:

W/O: none...still doing school work...project due today!
Bfast:  FF cracker and RF Peanut Butter
Lunch:  Leftover grilled chicken (1/2 breast), brown rice, green beans
Snack:  some junk....can't remember exactly what, but I ate a little ice cream, more peanut butter crackers, a marshmallow egg...working on my project was really stressing me out and I turned to eating :(
Dinner:  Quick dinner since I was studying - 2 hot dogs (no cheese!!)
Drinks:  koolaid, tea, water...too much sugar....

Mon, April 26, 2010 DAY 17:

W/O:  none again
Bfast: yogurt
Lunch:   1/2 chicken breast
Snack:  FF jello (and 3 oreos when I got home from work)
Dinner:  country style steak, rice, corn, and a biscuit (not. healthy. at. all.)
Drinks:  water and a couple glasses of tea

Tues April 27, 2010 DAY 18:
W/O:  Power 90 CORE CARDIO!  Tough workout!
Bfast: yogurt
Lunch: leftover country style steak and rice
Snack: 1 RF cheese stick
Dinner: potatoes stroganaff and green beans
Drinks: water

Wed, April 28, 2010 DAY 19:

W/O: Power 90 SCULPT 5/6 (MASTERS' SERIES)  Certain parts are tougher than 3/4, but the intensity level doesn't seem to be as high as 3/4.  But still a good workout!
Bfast: yogurt
Lunch: potatoes stroganaff and green beans
Snack: 2 cheese sticks (about an hour or two apart)
Dinner:  1 homeade sloppy joe made with ground beef, mac & cheese
Drinks:  water and a glass of tea

Thurs, April 29, 2010 DAY 20:

W/O: Turbo Jam Cardio Party  & Ab workout (from Fitness Magazine online)  I haven't done TJ in a while and since the kids were in bed before I could workout, I didn't want to wake them up by getting on the treadmill.  I forgot how much I enjoyed this!
Bfast: yogurt
Lunch: potatoes stroganaff and green beans (I am having to eat leftovers...money's tight right now!)
Snack: 1 cheese stick
Dinner: about 1/2 cup of sloppy joe (without bread), about 1/2 cup corn
Drinks:  Water!

Friday, April 30, 2010 DAY 21:
W/O:  None...it's 10 p.m. and I'm exhausted!  Will workout tomorrow!
Bfast:  FF crackers & a RF cheese stick
Lunch: Turkey breast & mustard sandwich
Snack: 1 cheese stick.  Then, after grocery shopping, I ate 3 pringles chips and 2 chocolate chip cookies.
Dinner:  Grilled porkchop, parmesan pasta, baked beans
Drinks:  water and a couple glasses of tea

Sat, May 1, 2010 DAY 22:
W/O: Power 90 Sculpt 3/4 Good workout!
Meals:  I started off eating healthy.  We went to the Pelican's game with the scouts and camped out at night.  On the way, we went to Ryan's and I ate salad, baked chicken, veggies and apple cobbler and ice cream.  After I ate the dessert, I regretted it!  I also had a small cup of popcorn and a lemonade at about 1 a.m.  The rest of the day I did drink water.

Sun, May 2, 2010 DAY 23:
 W/O: None today.  I cooked for our mothers today since we'll be out of town on Mother's Day.
Bfast: Sausage biscuit and OJ.  (Provided at the camp)
Lunch:  Salad, Baked ziti, and a slice of garlic bread.  Dessert: a small piece of Strawberry Pizza.
I think that's all I ate.  I didn't eat supper at all. (I also used lean meat for the ziti)

Mon, May 3, 2010 DAY 24:
W/O: I didn't work out.  But, I did take my FINAL EXAM for the semester after work!  Had to drive an hour away to take it, so I was a little late getting home!  So glad it's over!
Bfast: yogurt (back to my yogurt fix)
Snack: RF cheese stick
Lunch: Baked Ziti
Snack: Fresh strawberries
Snack:  A small piece of strawberry pizza and some chips.  I ate that while cramming in the last bit of studying for my exam!
Dinner:  2 hot dogs with just ketchup

Tues, May 4, 2010  DAY 25:
W/O:  None again...Madison was sick...took her to the ER.  Then stayed up until about 2 am.  Helping the kids with homework and cleaning.
Foods:  Not bad at all. 
Drinks:  Water all day.

Wed, May 5, 2010  DAY 26:
W/O:  None again!  Still trying to get the house half-way clean since we leave Saturday morning!
Foods: Not bad again.  Still doing my yogurt thing every morning.  Not snacking and still passing up on the ice cream.

Thurs, May 6, 2010  DAY 27:
W/O:  None again...still cleaning...trying to get all our laundry done.  And Madison has to sing at the Depot tonight.
Foods:  Yogurt, FF crackers, pasta with tomato, ground beef, corn, and 2 plain hot dogs for supper.

Friday, May 7, 2010  DAY 28:
W/O:  Run/Walk on treadmill for 30 minutes.  Tomorrow morning we're heading to Florida!  Then setting sail on the Carnival Legend Sunday morning!
Foods:  Healthy - trying to lose another pound before cruising!

Taking a break from this until I return from our 7 day cruise!!!!

Update (Friday, May 21, 2010):  I worked out twice while on the cruise, and that was Sunday and Monday!  We were really busy the rest of the week, but I did make sure I took the stairs as much as possible!  My legs were feeling it!  I'm back, but trying to get back into the swing of things...still unpacking and doing laundry every chance I get...I'll be updating this post again soon!

1 comment: